iSWAB Microbiome Collection Kit (with FecesCatcher)
Designed specifically for efficient home-based collection of stool samples.
Additional Information & Downloads
iSWAB-Microbiome (with FecesCatcher) has been proven to efficiently inactivate bacteria, fungi, spores, and DNA/RNA viruses allowing safer transport of biological samples to processing labs, especially when samples are subject to long transit times. DNA and RNA from collected microorganisms remains stable at room temperature for up to 40 days for DNA, and 21 days for RNA, eliminating the need for expedited cold chain transport. The iSWAB-Microbiome (with FecesCatcher) is a non-toxic stabilizing technology that enables inactivation of bacteria, fungi, spores, and viruses, allows ambient collection and transport of various biosamples, and maintains the status quo at the time of collection. iSWAB-MBF provides a representative snapshot of the microbial community that remains unchanged from collection to processing and is supplied with a FecesCatcher unit to simplify home fecal sample collection. Purified microbial DNA or RNA isolated from collected samples are compatible with qPCR, microarray, and NGS for microbiome research in health, wellness, and forensics.
- Non-toxic stabilization; no organic, hazardous solvent fixatives or detergents.
- Microbial presentation maintained intact from time of collection for weeks at room temperature (real time testing ongoing).
- No bloom effect correction needed for microbiome data. Both aerobic and anaerobic bacterial communities stabilized from collection to processing.
- Ambient temperature transport and storage with no cold chain involvement. iSWAB-MB buffer allows selective isolation of bacterial DNA or RNA with minimal or no human genomic DNA contamination.
- The stabilization buffer efficiently inactivates bacteria, fungi, spores, and viruses allowing safe transport of biological samples.
- Purified bacterial DNA or RNA isolated from collected samples are compatible with qPCR, microarray and NGS based applications.
- Scalable and customizable platform capable of stabilizing up to 20g of fecal or soil material in standard collection containers.
Other Related Products
Our team of experts puts in the work sourcing the highest quality products so you can focus on research and results.
The human elements of communication, respect, and understanding are extremely important to us. We want to discuss your specific situations and make sure you not only have what you need, but also have an understanding of each product's capabilities.
Fill the form to download the file.
Please fill the form to download content file.